When purchasing a hot tub, you’ll want to have an idea of how long it will last so that you know what to expect from your investment. After all, purchasing a new hot tub is a significant investment, and you’ll want to know exactly what you’re getting as a result. In general, a hot tub can last anywhere from five to twenty years. Why the broad range? Numerous factors can impact the lifespan of your hot tub.
What Impacts the Lifespan of a Hot Tub?
Understanding what can lengthen or shorten the lifespan of your hot tub can help you ensure you get the most out of your new spa. A lot of the lifespan will come down to several factors:
- Quality of the hot tub – A cheaper hot tub simply isn’t built to last the same way top-brand models are. While a cheaper hot tub may only last five to ten years, a well-built model should last closer to 15 to 20 years.
- How well it’s maintained – Another significant factor in how long your hot tub will last is how well it’s maintained. With multiple moving parts, heating elements, and water that needs to be balanced and replaced regularly, there’s a lot that goes into caring for and maintaining a hot tub. When it’s properly maintained, a hot tub will last far longer than if it’s not.
Extending the Lifespan of Your Hot Tub
To maximize how long your hot tub will last, it helps Some simple tips for caring for your hot tub include:
- Testing your water regularly so you can balance it as necessary
- Cleaning the hot tub filter every couple of weeks
- Draining and refilling the hot tub every few months to do a deep clean
- Adding or draining water as necessary to keep it at the right level to function properly
- Replacing any parts or elements that are showing signs of wear over the years
Learn More with Recreation Warehouse
At Recreation Warehouse, we proudly offer a wide range of new and refurbished hot tubs for homeowners throughout Michigan. You can rely on our team to answer your questions about the longevity of our products as well as how to properly care for and maintain your new hot tub. We also sell all of the hot tub chemicals and cleaning materials you need to properly care for and maintain your spa, and our team of experienced professionals can help you get an understanding of how to clean and maintain your hot tub.
If you have concerns about your existing hot tub or you think it needs some maintenance, Recreation Warehouse can send a service technician to your home as well to provide an honest assessment. Whether your hot tub just needs a new part, a proper cleaning, or has reached the end of its lifespan, you can rely on the experts at Recreation Warehouse to provide you with the information you need. Contact us today for more information.